Re: [at-l] Dehydrated meats

I've been dehydrating meat for several years. I do beef, pork, chicken and
turkey. I make a kind of jerk out of each by marinating them in different
mixtures and then drying. Chicken and turkey need to be dried with a paper
towel about half way through the process to remove some of the grease that is
always in them. I've used molasses. soy sauce, salt. pepper, barbeque sauce
and italian dressing (the dry mix dissolved in water not oil) All have been
quite successful. My local grocer will slice the roasts for me so I get a
fairly uniform thickness and my group loves the touch of meat in our one-pot
meals.

Momma turtle