[at-l] Re: Solstice Reputation

Hi Hooch (and list).  I believe you have made a vey wise investmet in
the Solstie Backpacker Parka.  After doing 2000 miles on a failed
thru-hike (blown out knee) with my son (I'm not one of those 16 yr.
olds), I am workig in an outdoor store that sells TNF Mountain LIght and
the Solstice Backpacker Parka.

The two are almost equal in weight and independant tests show Microshed
to be as waterproof as GoreTex.  The same tests proved Microshed to be
about 70+% as breathable as GoreTex.  On my thru-hike, I used a TNF
Climb Light 3-ply GoreTex jacket and on climbs I sweated like a pig
regardless of ventilation leading me to believe that breathability is a
very relative term anyway.  I am now in charge of returns at our store
and we have never had any Solstice product returned to us with any kind
of a defect.

Would I put my money where my mouth is?  This fall I purchsed a Solstice
Storm Fleece jacket which is windproof, waterproof and zips into my TNF
Mountain Light.  It's great!  And by the way, the Backpacker Parka sells
for $200 in our store vs. $345 for the Mountain Light.

Hooch, you done good!  And, no, I'm not Solstice's payroll.

Good Hiking,
Magoo