Re: [at-l] tent platforms

MNagel630 wrote:

> I've heard and read about "tent platforms" in NH.  Are these actually

Yes they are often wooden platforms.  But in some areas (Sage's Ravine
on the CT/MA border comes to mind) they are raised "boxes" filled with
gravel/clay or other sturdy material (sort of like a raised flower
bed).  The wooden variety poses a challenge to non-freestanding tents,
although I've always found a way to "stake" my Walrus Swift.  Usually I
use a combination of local materials (rocks, blowdown branches) and gear
(Lekis, etc.)  "Local material" is often left over from previous
occupants -- everyone has the same problem, so appropriate size sticks
and stones seem to gather around the platforms.

Big Blue Frog
...one section at a time...