Re: [at-l] traversing the whites

Mike,

>>This year you could work for stay at tentsites too, so you could (and some
>>did) do the Whites for free.
>
>well, now there's no reason at all to complain!  i'm glad they started that
>practice - how much work do you have to do for a $3 tent site?

I think it was half an hour or an hour (for a $5 tentsite or shelter
berth), and usually it was stuff like collecting rocks for a wall or
carrying bags of wood chips to the composting privy. Funny thing was, it
was almost as much work as you had to do at the huts, but you didn't get a
meal, a bunk, and a hut stay. Everybody I was with just paid their money. I
think I heard that Tinkerbell (GA>ME '97) did WFS the whole way through and
didn't pay a cent.

--Rhymin' Worm

(Robert Rubin) GA>ME '97 -- RHYMWORM@MINDSPRING.COM
Newsletter Editor, Piedmont Appalachian Trail Hikers (PATH)