Re: [at-l] Issue in the Whites

Slyinmd wrote:
.Really!  I have read quite a bit about the 'history of the AT'  and never did

> see the hiker hotel part, did they forget to build them, except for maybe
> where the AMC is located.  Maybe you can point me in the right direction

Call them camps, huts or hotels......Benton Mackaye wrote:
Something has been going on these past few strenuous years which,
in the din of war and general
upheaval, has been somewhat lost from the public mind. It is the slow
quiet development of the
recreational camp. It is something neither urban nor rural. It escapes
the hecticness of the one,
and the loneliness of the other.

To read more    http://www.fred.net/kathy/at/mackaye.html