[at-l] Re: weather in June

You wrote:

>I am planning to walk from Neels Gap to Standing Indian Campground in mid to
>late June. What temperatures can I expect during the day and nite at that time
>of year? Jim

By this time of the year, the summer pattern is usually in full swing, plus
as you get closer to Standing Indian, you're entering the rainiest region in
the eastern U.S. Expect hazy skies and high humidity with a good likelihood
daily afternoon thunderstorms. On the plus side, temperatures on this
portion of the trail rarely reach 90 and usually stay in the 70's all summer
(this is above 3,000; Brasstown Bald's all time high is only 84). Generally,
SHADE temps will be between 55 and 65 at night, and between 66 and 78
durring the day. This is for the trail - not nearby towns. Hope that helps.

The Weathercarrot