Re: [at-l] thermarest or z-rest?

Dan Gould wrote:

> I received an REI gift cert. for Christmas and need help spending it!
> My 5-year-old (or is it 6?) thermarest ultralight 3/4 has developed a
> slow leak that I can't find, so I am planning to replace it.

You might want to contact the manufacturer first.  I've heard tell they
offer excellent customer support.  For something like ten bucks , you get
your mattress fixed or replaced with a good used or cosmetic blemish.
It's al least worth a phone call to find out.

> The question is, should I go with another ultralight thermarest, or a
> z-rest (or ???).  My priorities: (1) weight, (2) durability, (3)
> comfort.  Recommendations?

Your priorities in your orderweight...zzrest   2 durability..closed cell foam 3
comfort......thermarest....fer sure <g>