[at-l] Millenium hike in the making...

Hello All...
 Well, two years ago I said I'd do it "sometime in my life". Two months ago, I said I'd do it in "two years", the time it will take for me to erase debt completely from my life, and have the money to take the time off for a thru hike Ga>Ma. Knowing myself, it may well happen sooner, simply because I know its a soon-eventuality, and I am not noted for patience when it comes time to head outdoors. To date, I have not even set foot upon the AT (- it just calls to me -) though I have to my credit a thousand or so miles of kayak touring, so the mode of transport is the main difference in experience I will have to adjust to. In an attempt to avoid total irresponsibility by just leaving this spring, I am devouring whatever printed literature I come across re Thru Hiking. Recommendations, anyone? Seems that the bulk of literature is too how-to, most of which are things I already know and do, and I am looking more for personal tales by those "who have gone before". I appreciate it, in advance, and Happy Camping -

Kurt