[at-l] Superlight Baby, yeah!

I was challenged a couple of months ago by Michael Henderson (forgive me
if it was someone else) that if I really wanted to go light I should ditch
my Terraplane and use my 2300 ci Shadow Peak day pack. "No no! Not
spacious enough!" I said. I need at least 3000 cubes for my thru attempt
this year.

Well, for curiosity sake ove the holidays I set out the bare minimum gear
I could survive on, and packed it into my daypack, VIOLA~! Will the
Superlight has arrived. New boots I was looking for, no need it'll be
tennis shoes for me! Luckily I'm blessed with very tough and flexible
ankles and tennis shoes are a feasible option. I also scored a new g-tex
shell for x-mas ( a gift to myself!) I just couldn't pass up the deal,
$175 for a Marmot (personal favorite brand) Thunderlight, 18oz three ply
g-tex.

I've got my weight including 5 days of food, a liter of water, all gear
including what's on my body, down to ............19lbs

I went out and test ran the set up, 30 miles in two days, low temps in the
low 20's, on the GA AT. Works fine for me.

Oh yeah! I will be cruising instead of cursing, it'll be like day
hiking.....for four of five months straight!

Now get out there

Will Strickland
"May the four winds blow you safely home"
--Grateful Dead---
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu