[at-l] Lowe Contour Packs

What do people think of these packs.  I found a Contour II (4200 cu
in) on sale at REI ($169), and bought it for my high-school aged son,
who wants to do some serious hiking.  He has used an REI Evening Star,
but it is a little small (3300 cu in) and its front loading
arrangement makes it hard to stuff.  The 4200 cu in size seems just
right for long distances with reasonable ultralight packing.  We
loaded the pack with about 50 lb of weight in the store (more than he
probably would carry), and it seemed very comfortable to my son, and
its shape seemed to nicely match his back.  I know that the Contour II
is designed for women, but it seemed to fit him very well.  He is thin
and has narrow shoulders (cross country runner).  I can easily return
the pack, so don't hesitate to sing out if you know of shortcomings.
Roger