Re: [at-l] Osprey Silhouette

At 05:02 PM 12/18/97 -0600, you wrote:
>If you ask me, the Osprey is just a bunch of bells and whistles (thus the
>webbing). Good luck on fitting the damned thing....MOUNTAINSMITH? hmmmm
http://www.hack.net/lists *

You can't be serious...My fiancee and I were hiking in Colorado (prepping
for the AT) when we both turned towards each other and stated that there
was NO WAY we would hike the AT with our painful Mountainsmiths.  (Delta
Elite 4000 and 6000)  We promptly bought Ospreys (Xenith and Amelia),
though the Dana Packs were considered as well.  Can't say I know anyone who
liked their 'smiths after much AT mileage.  We now have 2160+ miles on our
Ospreys and still going strong.