[at-l] Questions, questions, questions....

Howdy, y'all!
Still having problems with my pack, but oh well.  I'm going to take it to
a local shop after the holiday rush is over.  So, in the mean time, I've
got some more questions.
1.  I'm thinking about taking a semester or year off of school in either
1999 or 2000, to thru-hike the trail.  Anyone have experience doing this
(taking time off school, I mean).?
2.  What is the average mileage that thru-hikers get?  I mean, 10 milesish
a day?  I know that I can push hard when I section hike, as I've done a
fair portion of the trail in sections, but those hikes NEVER last more
than a week, tops, and I'm wondering how endurance changes with time.
Perhpas a better question would be about average mileage per state...
So, that's it for now.  I'm home on Xmas break, and will be at my AOL
account, so if you could, CC: any reply you guys put out to my e-mail
there, Viper7997@aol.com
THANKS MUCHO IN ADVANCE!!!  =)  =)  =)  Have a great holiday season!!!

-kristin  N3ZDF
USSF 8
"Now I see the secret of the makings of the best persons.  It is to grow
in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."  --Walt Whitman,
Leaves of Grass
http://members.aol.com/viper7997