Re: [at-l] a sad day

> Some typhoon in Guam stole it
>from us -- 236 mph!  (Mt. Washington's record was 231)

I saw a report on TV that claimed the Navy or some other official organization
must check the instruments at Guam to validate the reading of 236 mph.  It is
quite possible that the instruments are not accurate at that velocity.  I'm
not trying to be a spoiled sport even if I spent a lot of time on Mt
Washington.  I guess we can say the second highest winds ever recorded.

					Art