Re: [at-l] boot question

Staton wrote:

> hello-
>
> one quick question about boots for a thru-hike.  are the asolo globalines
> good enough?  is anything else heavier duty too much?  the reason that i
> ask is i have found a really good deal on the globalines and might pick
> them up if they would work.
>
> thanks
>
> running man
>
> (statonti@martin.luther.edu)

I agree that fit is theeee most important aspect of any boot. When
purchasing my boots, I looked at the Globalines and liked them.
Unfortunately, I have a 13.5 and they were cut a little small.  They
were great boots, and actually got BP editors choice in 96. I finally
settled on a pair of One Sport Moraines that also fit like a glove.(or
is that like a boot!).  Anyway, my  hiking partner swears by his Asolo
535s.  good luck.

	MountCharlie