Re: [at-l] New hiker services for '98 season

Hi,

Just a comment.  My husband and I thru hiked in 1993.  Everyone hikes the
trail for a different reason.   If some people want a shuttle from pt A to a
large grocery store that is their experience.  The problem with the AT is
that everyone thinks their experience should be everyone elses.  Whether its
hiking 20 miles a day and seeing every white blaze, or slack packing half
the trail and walking the highway instead of the path.  Don't try to make
your experience someone else's.  If you don't like it don't do it, but don't
ruin it for someone else by thinking less of them because they want to go
into a larger town!  Also not everyone has good experience's about all the
different hostels, restaurants and stores close to the AT.  Everyone,
unfortunately has bad days.

Stephanie
snf@frii.com