Re: [at-l] New hiker services for '98 season

I think you make several really good points that I hadn't considered
when I wrote that this would be a good idea.  I was thinking of this
being offered in places where there is NO opportunity for resupply near
the trail, and the only option is a long walk/hitch into town.  But you
are probably correct that it would inevitably expand to other places,
and ultimately diminish the trail experience as well as possibly harm
the local establishments. Resupply still remains a problem for me while
section hiking, since I get about 7-10 days to hike at a time and don't
want to carry that much food nor, as I said earlier, do I want to spend
the better part of a day getting into town and back.

Big Blue Frog
...one section at a time...