[at-l] I'm still going & Re: Thanks

Re: Thanks

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead."   If George Washington didn't
know when to do a timely retreat, we'd still be singing, "God Bless the
Queen."  I was at Toms Knob Shelter with a hurt achilles tendon (bruised
by my boots).  I could have hiked further, but I hiked back 4 miles in my
teva's, then hitched to Damascus, and got new boots, and rested up,
before going back out.  Hiking is such an emotional experience, that it's
harder to listen to your own common sense, than it is to listen to the
false bravado of emotions, to continue no matter what.  Flaming is an
emotional response of those who lack self control.

I'm still going

I'm still hiking after 3 knee injuries, severely bruised ribs, a bout of
bronchitis, and a shitload of fun.  I just came home to surprise my
family and friends for Thanksgiving.  Heading back to Troutville, VA,
tonite.  I'm trying to get to Bull's Bridge in CT, to finish up the
trail, not as a thru-hiker, but as a section hiker.  It was very hard for
me to learn the art of compromise, but necessary, because otherwise I
would have had to give up long before now.  Can't wait to get back out to
the trail.  Happy Trails to all for the holiday's!

kurt

PS.  Greyhound SUCKS!

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience can not blindly follow
orders.
-Jean Luc Picard