Re: [at-l] turkey hike

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 10:06:41 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>   What I learned.
>
>        1)  Never to take that pack out again.  I am 5-2 and weigh about=
 130
>pounds all belly.  The waist belt was not only too long, but it was too =
wide
>and in order to take the weight made my stomach muscles wince. It kept
>dropping putting all 40 pounds I was carrying on my =
shoulders.......ouch.

Cheryl,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I have the Kelty Arapaho and I
have a big problem with the aluminum stays sliding out the top of the
pack if I put very much weight in the pack.  Do you have the same
problem with the Red Cloud?  Just wondering 'cause when this happens
it puts WAY too much stress on my back.