[at-l] Southbounders on the Trail

Smilin Bob and I just returned from our little jaunt on the AT from
Dick's Creek Gap to Wallace Gap. We had wonderful weather, great views,
and met quite a few thru-hikers finishing their hikes. Some were pure
southbounders and some were flipfloppers. I'm in the process of writing
up my journal and will post it later. For now, the thru-hikers we met
were:

Free Bird
Junkyard Dog
Giddyup
College
TexMex
Southpaw
Carlita
(all the above at the Plumorchard Gap Shelter on Sunday night)

Bones
Slim-Slide-Slow
Hunter from the Sky
(a father and his two sons, seen between Plumorchard and Bly Gap on
Monday morning)

Sharpshin and another thru-hiker (can't remember his name) at Betty
Creek Gap.

Turbo and another hiker (can't remember his name) on Big Butt Mountain

Superfly.

I absolutely loved Albert Mountain! Straight up, very aerobic! More
later.

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com