Re: [at-l] water bottles

At 12:40 PM 11/21/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Has anybody tried those little heat packets? I read the ad on one that
>claims it will heat to 135F for up to 7 hours. For a buck and one ounce
>these could be worth while IF they perform as advertized. I plan to
>experiment with these for boot unfreezers. I have to wait til my wife
>isn't around before I put my boots in the freezer.  Hopeful

Those heat packets do work well, sometimes too well. They are very good for
glove warmers. Direct exposure to skin may be a hazard. I suggest playing
with them in the back yard while raking leaves or shoveling snow before
venturing out with them. The cost/benefit is good, although caution is
still advisable. They do become trash that must be carried out, hence that
1 ounce stays with you the entire trip.

Bill Thorneloe
Atlanta

Bill Thorneloe