Re: [at-l] RE: Brinks Rd Bear...

I don't think there's any question, as we Monday morning quarterbacks would
agree, that it wasn't the ideal way to handle the situation. Mr. Clean
would probably agree too. That's my point. He was one of the
coolest-headed, most resourceful thruhikers I know and still the prospect
of a large, aggressive bear in close proximity was enough to shake him up.
He did what he was supposed to do, and when it didn't work, instinct took
over. I'm glad I wasn't in the same situation. I'd have probably ended up
"brown blazing," as the expression goes.

--Rhymin' Worm