AT

     I tried posting a message on the Appalachian Trail discussion list but
     was unsuccessful.  I was curious to know how many Appalachian Trail
     through hikers there are still on the trail at this time.  Northern
     New England has gotten some nasty weather in the last couple of weeks
     and I'm wondering how the hikers are coping -- or have they all
     flip-flopped their hiking by now?  The only through hikers I saw all
     summer were at Mahoosuc Notch in August.

     John Good wjg@brooktrout.com