Re: [at-l] Minorities on the trail

Rhymin worm did not mention the jews of eastern europe and russia who walked
to escape persecution.  My grandfather walked from Lvow (was part of Poland
at the time) to Hamburg to get a boat to America.  I have clients who after
liberation in 45 walked from Auschwicz to Florence Italy.  Through the alps
with just the clothes on their backs. (the Brenner Pass is cold in summer)
The book (not the movie) Exodus starts with the story of the Paul Newman
character's parents walking from Russia to Palestine to escape the Pogroms.

I have used these stories when I get incredulous looks from people when I tell
them that people have walked from GA to Me (or the other way around).

Keep walking
Rich