[at-l] Lewis and Clark on the Public Broadcasting System

Hi Folks,
I'll pass this information on for anyone whose interested.
Take care,
John O

Lewis and Clark Friend--

It has been awhile since I have written you from the Lewis and Clark Trail
Heritage Foundation, but we wanted to make sure that you were aware of the
four-hour documentary on Lewis and Clark that was produced by Ken Burns and
that will air this week, the first week in November, on November 4 and 5,
on your local PBS station.  In most areas it will be showing from 8:00 p.m.
to 10:00 p.m., but check your local listing.

Ken Burns, and writer, Dayton Duncan, attended the Foundation Annual
Meeting last July in the Columbia Gorge.  They brought along a 45-minute
clip of scenes from the documentary, and the photography and story-telling
are terrific.  As Steve Ambrose said at the meeting, "The Lewis and Clark
story is simply the best story in our history."

This program is definitely suitable for children, so I hope you will give
all and sundry special dispensation to stay up until ten to watch it.

If you have not already joined the Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage
Foundation, we really hope you will consider joining now, in time for the
bicentennial of the Expedition.  There is more information on the Web site,
http://www.lewisandclark.org, click on "membership".  Or, you may contact
us at discovery@lewisandclark.org.

Hope to see you on the Trail,

Ludd Trozpek, for the Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation