[at-l] Altimeter Watches

TraderJohn wrote:

>We all know GPSs are not much use on a white blazed trail, but what about
>altimeters? I'm considering asking Santa for one, but first I'll ask the
>listers for some input...   ( was just wondering how high I am... )

TJ
I recently purchased a Casio Triple Sensor Altimeter watch and have used it for
about a month.  So far it has worked flawlessly and is extremely accurate.  I
have checked the altitude and barometer features in helicopters several times
and they are right on.  (I'm a military helicopter pilot.)  The temperature
feature is affected by body heat so you have to remove the watch for about 15
minutes to get a truly accurate reading or learn to adjust for your body heat.
Overall I'd give the Casio TSA two snappy fingers and a zeee.  :o)

Pilgrim
Class of 99