[at-l] Incomplete thru hikes

solophile wrote:

>I had an absolutely fantastic journey.  I lived a
>lifetime in a span of seven months and had experiences that many will
>never come close to living.  I am at peace with my hike.  If I pick up
>the skipped trail miles somewhere down the line, that's fine, but I sleep
>very contentedly at night knowing what I did accomplish.

Seems to me, that paragraph sums it up.  If that ain't what thru hikin'
is all about I don't know what is.  I can only hope after 2000 miles I still
am willing to describe my hike as "an absolutely fantastic journey"!
Congrats, solophile, you're a thru hiker in my book.
Thanks for the reply.
Pilgrim
Class of 99.