[at-l] Handicapped Access

<<Due to my physicall limitations I can't carry a 60-70 lb pack...>>

I used to be able to do that too.  Twenty years, thirty extra pounds and
arthritis in my feet, knees and hips means I can't do that any more,
however....

HAs anyone ever met or read about Granny Gatewood?  Didn't she hike the trail
twice, after age 70 or 80?  Wearing a dress, gymshoes and carrying a rucksack,
that I rememember reading about!

My other experiences with physically challenged hikers included a woman 8
months pregnant on a 6 day hike with her husband and 5 year old and a couple
in their fifties hiking with her 74 year old mother.  All three had full size
packs carrying 40 to 50 pounds.  After meeting them I was humbled and quite
griping about how tired I was. <g>

Anyway, please don't change the trail for me and I promise not to bring along
any quadrapeds to carry my gear.

Steve