Re: [at-l] Handicapped access

Having spent several nights with horses at shelters in the Smokies and
elsewhere, I'd like to add the fact that wet horses and their tack stink
(unlike wet hikers). Also contrary to popular belief they do not taste
like chicken. Unlike llamas, when properly prepared with a little
Rosemary, remind one of extra crispy KFC. (Hey Felix, I bet you remember
the way the guy from Chili used to fix it with those little red
lizards...MMMM) Also horses tied by the spring tend to add a special
flavor to the water. Although most horse people know better and don't do
this. I've seen it enough all ready to believe that if pack animals are
allowed on the trail, there will be more of this and worse. Such as
gnawed trees and shelters, trees scared from ropes (it's bad enough when
uneducated hikers do this) and erosion, to mention a few problems.

This is only my opinion and therefor is correct as far as I can tell.

woodelf