[at-l] Handicap access already there

Handicapped access is already there in the national forests i.e. Skyline
Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, the Auto Road, other roads, etc., etc.  If we
lose the AT as a wilderness footpath then where do we go?  We go NUTS!
WE live in a republic that equals the playing field of the few at the
expense of the many.  Eventually, we'll see wheelchairs on the baseball and
football fields along side the able bodied and then they'll be crying when
the able gets all the fly balls, interceptions, etc,   "ITS NOT FAIR!"
Well, I have news for all -  life is not fair!!  Some of us are whole and
others are not.  UNFAIR!  Shake your fist at God and bemoan your fate or
make the best of it.
	We are all handicapped in one way or another. Some of us, its just more
visible.  Bob Barker, who had MS, did a lot of the AT while on crutches,
Bill Irwin did it while legally blind.  Alice Ferrence drowned in the
Kennebec,  Bob Bruggmann drowned in Clarendon Gorge, some folks were killed
by lightning, some folks were murdered.   Should we divert all rivers,
erect lightning rods, hire armed guards?  Some people overcome obstacles
while others want someone else to overcome obstacles for them.  Which one
will make you stronger and better for the effort?
We can all grow where we are planted and make the world a better place. God
Bless
SLIM

     	THE OYSTER
There once was an oyster whose story I tell,
Who found that some sand got under his shell,
Just one little grain but it gave him a pain,
Oysters have feeling for all they're so plain.
Did he berate the workings of fate
That led him to such a deplorable state?
Did he curse the government or cry for an election?
And cry that the seas should give him protection?
"No",  he said to himself, as he lay on the shelf,
"Since I cannot remove it I'll try to improve it".
The years rolled around as the years always do
And he came to his ultimate destiny, Stew!
And the small grain of sand that had bothered him so
Had a beautiful pearl all richly aglow.
The tale has a moral or isn't it grand
What an oyster can do with a small grain of sand?
What couldn't we do if only we'd begin
With all of the things thst get under our skin.
SLIM