[at-l] Introduction

        I just signed up on the ATC mailing list and I wanted to do as the
return mail said and introduce myself.  My name is Ronn and I live in
Madison, WI.  I took my first trip through the Appalachians last week and
saw a marker that had a sentence on it about the Trail. I was hooked right
there and then.  I knew a thru-hike was something that I HAVE to do.  It's
going to be a few years before I will be able to have things in place to
allow the time it will take, but I know my focus is clear and my desire
strong and it will happen. I see the planning and the anticpation in going
as being as great as the actual adventure. I bought a book called "Walking
The Appalachian Trail", as my primer and with every page I read and every
experience shared, my will to go gets stronger and stronger.
        I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed from this
point, to continue my education.  I found a lot of info on the internet to
help, but I was hoping for some specific recommendations.  When I look at
the mail that I've received so far, it seems like this fellowship has it's
own language and I want so badly to understand what I'm reading.  I'm saving
my e-mails so that, in the future, I can go back and read them again and
figure out just what the heck your talking about.
        I am hoping that you don't have to be an A.T. thru-hiker graduate to
be a part of this association. I hope that the desire in my heart and the
dream in my head to do this will be enough.

Thanks
Ronn