[at-l] Thru Hike Selfish

Hey all,
Thru hikers selfish?  Oh, please.  Calling the desire to thru hike selfish is
like calling eating or sleeping selfish.  When I sleep I am the only one who
physically benefits but I sure can't do without it.  (It keeps me from being
cranky.)
The tangible gains of thru hiking make me a better husband, father, teacher,
son, person.  Everyone I am in contact with benefits from my time spent in the
wilderness.  Anyone who would call it selfish simply doesn't understand what can
be gained by attempting to find the trail nirvana.
It can only be found by those who seek.  I may be alittle crazy, but I don't
think I'm selfish.  :o)

Michael
SkyGuy
Class of '99