No Subject

I finished my thru-hike on October 11, when I summited on Katahdin along
with Class of '97 members "Numb," "Stoutheart" (also a former AT-L member),
"Mr. Clean," "Mike without Laura," "Brooster," "Cape Town Jenny," and "Lost
Soul," as well as  "Not Yet" (Catawba VA>ME '97).

I'll be talking some about my hike here in the coming months, I'm sure, but
if you want to read more about it now, I'm in the process of finishing up
the BALLAD OF THE RHYMIN' WORM: a rhymed account of the hike that appeared
in scattered shelter registers along the trail this summer, a couple verses
at a time as I hiked north. They're all gathered together now, and the
BALLAD can be found on the home page of my hiking club, Piedmont
Appalachian Trail Hikers (PATH) at the following address:

http://www.editorialservice.com/path/

Presently all that's up is the first half of the hike, throuh Harpers
Ferry. The rest of it will be up within the next week or so. If you'd like
me to email you a copy, just drop me an e-message.

It's good to be back on the list after my six (going on seven) months away.
I finished a couple of days behind Solophile, I gather, though I haven't
talked to her or seen her. I just got home last week, on the 15th, and am
still recovering from the experience. I lost 75 pounds on my hike (I was
275 when I started April 1), and near the end it really started to take a
toll on me. My feet still hurt. But otherwise, my creaky 39-year-old body
is starting to recover. Now I have to start looking for a job, and good
things like that, so the AT-L will be my only place to hike for a while. I
look forward to spending the winter with you folks!

All best,

Robert Rubin, Durham NC
(RHYMIN' WORM -- GA > ME '97)