No Subject

The cons:
Makes your pots black and you'll smell of smoke. You cannot cook in the
tent.  Or above tree line unless you bring tree with you.
Takes practice...and feeding, for anything more than a cup of coffee.
But we're talking about really tiny amounts of wood.  Last Sunday,
I cooked 4 drycups of rice (2 cups at a time) plus coffee with one three
foot branch (<3/4 in at it's thickest)
If you love playing with a campfire you might love the Zip.

The stove is a little unstable..but I've never dumped it in hundreds of
uses.
It only works with one style of oven and as soon as I find out which
oven that is...pizza here I come.
Recently someone asked if there was a problem using them in areas
which prohibit open fires but since it's actually contained I don't
think this would be a problem.
When you take wood from the forest, even tiny amounts, you are robbing
nutrients from future trees.
So make sure you pee wherever you collect wood<<VBG>>

And a later answer.....
 Actually i guess I've been trying to tone down my public
endoresement for the Zip because they aren't for everyone.  Another
lister and I talked in a chat and he described himself as someone who
love camplife,playing with a fire and cooking.  He bought a zip, used
it a couple times and decided that he didn't like it.
Zipheads are special folks i think<<<G>>>.Not better or worse, just
different.  I like the simplicity of the whole idea. and that sounds
really silly considering the motor et all.

Hints...hmmm...I know it runs counter to the whole idea of no fuel
weight but I usually always carry some sticks with.  Except this
summer, because we had a drought and it was just plain silly to worry
about not having dry wood to start it.  In normal times, I carry an
old metal bandaid box with a doz or so really small twigs...we're
talking 1/16 to 1/2 in sticks.  The can is also useful if you're in
too much of a hurry to wait for the coals to burn out.  You always
have a little ash bucket and have no worries about safe disposal.
But come to think of it I guess I've gotten to the point where I
rarely have more fire than I need.  I love the bandaid box though,
wrapped with ductape, with some coals in it as a hand warmer/foot
warmer.
Sometimes in the winter, even five minutes of toasty is heaven.

But that really is the trick and the fascination of the zip. If
someone sticks with it for a while and learn the subilties is
becomes sooo easy.

continued