No Subject

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 mhudson@vnet.IBM.COM wrote:
> Add "SkeeTerbait" - I'm also new to the list...
Hello,
	Welcome to the zoo.  I think we met last Thursday/Friday.  I had
the white ford explorer moving wood for the fire.  Do you wear glasses,
quite thin, about 5'9", short hair and everyone was trying to get you to
become the ALDHA new director at Thursday nights fire.  I think you were
with the past hamburger cook from Bascom that I knew.  I'm the fat 50 year
old with the long pony tail.  I'm glad you joined the list.  Please
introduce your self to the list.  Just write up who you are and in your
case what you've done. Take care..........

Beau Bushor N1MJD
  "bleeder guy"
Burlington, Vermont

You have the right guy in your description....
I'm SkeeTerbait, aka "Skeeter". The trailname is from a July hike of the
Long Trail in '89, the result of being chased by the skeeters. Apparently
the AT had both a "Skeeter" and a "Skeeterbait" on the trail this year, and
I raised great confusion when I was back doing the Long Trail again and
signing the registers. I had been hoping to meet those two at the Gathering
so that I could introduce myself as the "first" Skeeter.
In between the two Long Trail hikes I did the AT in '92, the Northville-Placid
Trail, the Muir Trail, the STS in Penn this year, and finished the Northeast
111.
     Happy Hiking!