[at-l] RE: Pur Hiker

<<  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll take my .00000001% chances
with the viruses. For one thing, I have medical insurance. Also, it's not
worth the extra 4 ounces of weight to carry the purifier cartridge for my
filter.>>

Well, it's more than viruses.  Try a protozoa.  Loads of fun.  Lots of blood,
tons of mucus.  Every year.  The best part is it's spread by animals, the wild
variety when the pass through water.

I'd a carried a concrete block in my pack if that's what it would have taken
to keep from getting sick.  4 ounces and leaning on my medical insurance is
not worth it.

Unless you want to pass a lot of blood and mucus... <g>

Steve Hiller