[at-l] Gathering

Well, another Gathering has passed, another great time was had.
Met good people, some new to the gathering scene, some ALDHA cornerstones.
But, much to be learned from all.  I was carried away, as I always am, by the
enthusiasm and energy generated at  the Gathering.  If it was in February
instead of October, I think many more people would finish the trail (using
all of the "Gathering energy" they soaked up at Hanover).  I saw some list
faces from last year (Bald Eagle, Spiritwalker, Bleeder Guy, Solophile) and a
few new faces this year (AT2000, Wood elf, Morning Glory 96, Ditto 99, Cheryl
and Ron, Martha and her family).  I know there were more (last year and this
year), but I have a terrible memory.

Another famous person was there, Beorne (from Outside magazine fame).  He was
the outspoken (I don't know by who...) guy that Outside magazine had in their
AT article, he would out eat and out talk everyone.  Well, I had the pleasure
of his company and his verse (Shakspearian and viking), while  I was a
captive audience in the shower at campsite # 2.  It's a long story, just
trust me, no beans were involved.

Much was missed by the list members who didn't go to Hanover.
A live wedding proposal during the opening ceremonies (and a great
performance of some Trail days talent), great events,  a GREAT performance by
Walkin' Jim Stoltz, "Forever Wild", on Saturday night, and slide shows by
Cindy Ross and Warren Doyle Sunday night.