No Subject

The weather was gorgeous and my steps felt so light as I
climbed Old Blue.  The absolute high of the day was spotting
Katahdin from the second peak of Bemis Mtn!  I was filled
with so many emotions - joy and sorrow, excitement and fear.
I have about 230 miles to go, but Katahdin is actually only
a little over a hundred miles away on a direct route.  I had
always wondered when that first sighting would come.  I would
get all quesy and jittery when I thought about that very first
time I would see her.  She was more beautiful than I'd ever
imagined.

9/17 - Day 191
to ME Rt 4 - 1939.4 cum

Another day of slackpacking, this time with FireBall.  Today
was to be his last day on the trail before heading back to
Connecticut.  He had joined me for The Whites and I'm so
thankful to have had his company and his help.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day once again.  Micah had a
great time retrieving sticks from the shore of Long Pond.  The
colors on the trees are getting more and more vibrant every
day.

There were some rowboats and a canoe at the Little Sabbath
Day Pond Leanto.  I thought this would be a good time to see
how Micah was going to be in a canoe since we were going to
have to cross the Kennebec River in one.  The hardest part was
coaxing him nito the thing and having him sit still at FireBall
pushed us off.  Once we were finally under way, Micah was
perfect.  He just sat stock still as we paddled about.  I
can't say that he enjoyed it exactly, but he seemed to tolerate
it.  I enjoyed it immensely - enough to make up for Micah's
lack of enthusiasm.

9/18 - Day 192