[at-l] A Chase report

Hello All,
	Just got off the phone with Chase who is having a fat burger at
Bascom Lodge on top of Mt. Greylock, MA.  He is in great spirits.  Much
much better than the last time I found him at the Berkshire Motel Great
Barrington, MA. after staying there for five gearless days.  Most of you
know that Chase's pack was lost by the bus companies on his trip from VA
to MA.  His plan was to hike from Great Barrington to Hanover, NH for the
Gathering.  We will meet each other on Thursday at the AT/LT crossover on
VT route 9 east of Bennington, VT.  Then go to the Gathering a day early
to help in anyway getting things set up.  Hiking has been real good he
stated many times.  I think the motel caused this.  After a summer of
limited hiking he said he should of started slower this time.  His new K
Mart boots have caused some foot problems.  He bought them to replace his
lost pair.  Water has been lacking in some of the southern MA AT shelters.
The AT was in good shape. My new never been used tent was great in last
nights 3/4" thunder storm.  I enjoyed that report.  He is going to stay to
night on Mt. Greylock and then slow hike untill we meet. He is looking
forward to seeing everyone at the Gathering.  Take care......

See you at the Gathering

Beau Bushor N1MJD
 "bleeder guy"
Burlington, Vermont