[at-l] ticks

Thanks to everyone who sent great information about my post about the ticks.
No, the person at the clinic (I never even saw a doctor) didn't take any
blood.  When I asked about what kind of tick it was, they looked at me like
I was crazy (it was in the city, after all).  The size of the tick they
removed leads me to believe that it wasn't a deer tick, and therefore
wouldn't be carrying the Lyme.  I'm still nervous though,  and did some
calling around today to find a "real" doctor. Unfortunately, "real" doctors
prescribe "real" medicine and run up bills that are way beyond my reach.
Being without health insurance in this world is a very scary thing.  But, I
am looking into it (are you kidding...you all put the fear of God into
me!!).  I'll keep you posted,

Poohbear