[at-l] Tyvek Update

Hi Folks,
I got a post from Daniel Chazin and he mentioned he had washed (in a
washing machine)maps made of tyvek and no damage was done to them.
So I washed my tyvek tarp and he's right no damage at all.  As a matter of
fact the tyvek now feels and folds like nylon.  No crinkly sound or stiff
feel to it at all like before it was washed.
I also made a poncho with the tyvek without a hood.  It was given the
washing machine treatment to take the stiffness and crinkly feel out.  It's
the same size as my Campmor backpacker poncho.  Campmor poncho weights 14
ozs. the tyvek poncho weights 9 ozs..  I always wear a hat so the hood
doesn't matter to me.  I'll use a piece of line to keep it somewhat secure.
 When I have more time I'll attached line to it like I did for tarp.  This
should work just like the snaps on the Campmor poncho.  Time will tell.
I'll have to test it out around my home the first couple of times to check
on breathability and how secure the line ties are.  With the Tyvek writing
on it more than likely it will be done after sunset.
Take care,
John O
                        John O
                E-mail johno@mail.monmouth