Re: [at-l] Port Clinton Hotel

Pete Fornof wrote:

> Scott Hoffman wrote:
>
> > I ran across an old posting on ALDHA homepage about Helen Carbaugh,
> > owner of the famous(?)Port Clinton Hotel(PA). In this posting, it said
> >
> > that Helen was very sick. Does anyone have any updated information
> > about
> > her and the hotel which is now closed?
> > Mother Natures Son
>
>   I met Helen last year prior to attending the Gathering. She was kind
> enough to show me her registers, which contained the names of some
> noteworthy hikers including Ed Garvey. Had a Yeungling in his honor.
>
> I don't want to start any rumors, but I think I heard recently that
> Helen had passed away. Can anyone confirm this?

I would also appreciate any information on this.  I met Helen last
summer on my thru hike and spent a great afternoon and evening with
her.  A lady with real character and backbone.  I felt like a more
complete person after my stay there.  And her place seemed like the
Hilton after my overnight at the famous Doyle in Duncannon.  :)

Quid Pro Quo