Re: [at-l] Port Clinton Hotel

Scott Hoffman wrote:

> I ran across an old posting on ALDHA homepage about Helen Carbaugh,
> owner of the famous(?)Port Clinton Hotel(PA). In this posting, it said
>
> that Helen was very sick. Does anyone have any updated information
> about
> her and the hotel which is now closed?
> Mother Natures Son
> * From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info
> http://www.hack.net/lists *

  I met Helen last year prior to attending the Gathering. She was kind
enough to show me her registers, which contained the names of some
noteworthy hikers including Ed Garvey. Had a Yeungling in his honor.

I don't want to start any rumors, but I think I heard recently that
Helen had passed away. Can anyone confirm this?

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com