[at-l] Rain gear

I've decided that I need to get some rain gear, but am unsure of what to
get.  I don't have a tom of money to spend on it but would rather spen a bit
more on something I will like.  I was looking in Campmor and saw a a few
possibilities.  Has anyone used the Backpacker II series.  The price seems
right, but it is not breathable.  I also saw the Camp-Tech fabric that is
supposed to be breathable for $20 more.  Any thoughts on either choice or
one that I am overlooking.  Thanks.