[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[at-l] Thru hikers seen in Maine
- Subject: [at-l] Thru hikers seen in Maine
- From: Tim Hewitt <thewitt%40spf%2Ensc%2Ecom>
- Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 14:07:22 -0400
- Organization: Fairchild Semiconductor
This past weekend, just inside the Maine border of the trail, I came acress
thru hikers Papa Smurf, Flower, Dr D., Predator and Bear. There were a couple
of others as well but I did not get their names written down before I forgot them.
Just a note for future thru hikers, mileage in this part of the state by these
hikers was about one mile an hour. This fit, as my mileage was about 1/2 mile
an hour :). A couple of them were surprised that Maine hit them so hard and
had planned 16-18 mile days - stopping after only 10-12.
All were fine, well on their way to finishing, and in very good spirits.
Trail magic was distributed by me to all - lightening my pack considerably -
which I needed desperately to get through some of the roughest miles of trail
in the state!
Paddler (GA>ME 99)
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *