Re: [at-l] Superfeet Insoles

A recent post asked,

>Can anyone tell me more about the insoles called Superfeet.  We had a post
>some time back that talked about them and they came highly recommended.
>Thanks
>
>Gweneeth

Here are a few paragraphs on insoles out of my book FIXING YOUR FEET.  Many
replacement insoles are made better than the types that come with shoes and
boots.  My personal top choice is the Hapad insole--they shape well to your
feet and are cool in the heat.  One orthopedist I interviewed indicated if he
had only one product to offer his patients, it would be Hapad.  The Superfeet
insoles offer good support but not much cushioning.

Hapad Comf-Orthotic	Hapad makes full-length and 3/4-length insoles. The
original contoured Comf-Orthotic full-length and 3/4-length insoles are made
from Hapad featherweight wool. The coiled, spring-like wool fibers provide
firm and resilient support while providing arch, metatarsal, and heel
cushioning. The full-length contoured Comf-Orthotic Sports Replacement Insole
is made in three layers with a moisture wicking suede top, a ventilated
Poron® middle layer for shock absorption, and a bottom of Microcel “Puff,” a
self-molding footbed. The insole includes a metatarsal bar to relieve
pressure at the ball of the foot, a medial arch support to limit pronation,
and a heel cup for stability and control of the foot and ankle. For more
information contact Hapad, Inc.  800-544-2723.  They have a catalogue which
shows the insoles and other inserts made for individuals who have metartasal
pain, Morton's foot, arch pain, and heel pain.  They do sell retail and have
a great phone staff.

	Superfeet	Superfeet footbeds are made in three systems: trim-to-fit,
replacement-fit, and custom-fit. Their corrective shape and design offers a
stabilizer cap which provides excellent support and stability to the bone
structure of the foot, allowing the foot muscles to function more
efficiently. In the trim-to-fit system, the low- and high-profile models are
made for running and hiking. Replacement system footbeds are the lower end of
the line without the stabilizer cap. For information on stores which have the
custom-fit system, contact Superfeet.  800-634-6618 or www.superfeet.com.
 The insoles are found in many running and outdoors stores.

John Vonhof
jvonhof@aol.com
author: FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatment for Foot
Problems of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers.
www.footwrokpub.com site should be up by mid-Spetember.