Re: [at-l] food

>Breakfast- coolaid, hot chocolate with a teaspoon of coffee& cynamon for
>taste. oatmeal - various flavours with dry milk, and raisins
>
>Lunch- peanut butter on thick dry bread biscuits with honey- coolaid
>
>Dinner- soup- premade mix with extra beans, peas, and throw in a few slices
>of salami

Have you calculated your daily calory intake.  I'm betting you'll burn
3000-4000 per day.  You're going to need big portions of these meals to get
enough calories.  How about mid morning, afternoon and evening snacks?  GORP?
 Chocolate pudding?  Dried fruit? Power Bars?
	Ten days on bean soup would become unpalatible to me toward the end of the
trip.  Some mac&cheese would vary the diet.  Cous cous with dried veg +
chicken easy very easy and very tasty.

	I hike with high school aged kids all the time with my Outing Club.  When
they don't eat enough they become slow, grumpy, clumsy, depressed, etc.
 Enough calory intake can make the difference between a pleasant hike and a
forced march.

	Just a thought!

					Art