Re: [at-l] Jan Nan's story

> Hiyall..

[snip]
> I was never a boyscout<G>, but have seen references to how to
> fashion a litter or a traverse(?) from branches and a sleeping bag.

As a scout leader, yes these do work.  Within the first year of joining
scouts a boy should be able to make a litter out of materials at have,
usually staves and blanket or sleeping bags, and with the help of a
buddy transport a person 25 yards.  I have seen people get carried on
them for a 1/4 mile.

Richard Burton 				Email Richard.Burton@wmich.edu
Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 217
District Activites Chair, Pathfind district
Kalamazoo, MI