[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Fleece Blankets???
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Fleece Blankets???
- From: "Jim H. Hill Jr." <HillJH@zeus.co.forsyth.nc.us>
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:45:29 -0500
- Organization: Forsyth County
When I was in Special Ops in the military, all we would use in the
summer time was a single poncho liner (weighs slightly over a
pound). If the temp dipped unexpectedly, we'd add the poncho to it.
The combination of the two is heavier than many down or PolarGuard
bags that can comfortably take you to lower temps. However, you'd
have to throw in the weight of your rain gear to make a fair
comparison. I really don't know if the poncho liner (which is a
Thinsulate-like material) is lighter or warmer than fleece or not.
Maybe someone else who has experience with both can weigh in.
If I used a poncho for rain gear now, that's definitely the direction
I would go.
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *