Re: [at-l] Pack size

John wrote:
> She is sold on
> panel loading designs probably with some of my influence (My packs are a
> Gregory Wind River and REI Evening Star).  Even thought I don't consider
> her a small women, she appears to take a size small pack; 17-17.5"
> torso.  Pack size is one thing we are debating.  I preferr to carry as
> much inside my pack as possible and not hang anything on the outside.
> My reasoning is that then the pack would be designed with an adequate
> harness to support the weight.  What is this list recommendations?  Can
> anyone provide me with suggestions on pack size and other features to
> look for in a womens pack?

I personally am frightened by panel loaders. I am paranoid about the
zipper blowing out. Tis why I use a top loader with the only zippered
part is the sleeping bag section.

As for women's packs, make sure the hipbelt is comfy. As we all know,
women are curvier in that area than men. Gregory is excellent in this
respect because you can adjust the hipbelt so it's more angled than
normal packs. The shoulder straps adjust in this way too. It's way
groovy. :)

--
Diana (^raven^) * http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven * Silver Spring, MD
raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu * Appalachian Trail '98 - Georgia ----> Maine