[at-l] Long-term hiking for beginners

Hello Everyone!

	I have a great deal of short-term hiking experience and I am planning on
taking a 2-week trip sometime in June of '98.  I was wondering if anyone
would be able to tell me what way or ways would be the best to prepare me
for this type of trip. Are there any books that deal with hiking on the
appalachian and things to expect/be prepared for?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks again, happy trails!

John Pacovich

Concerning Maps--  Any idea where I can get them?